The “Side Hustle” – 5 small businesses you can start on the side
Most small businesses start in a garage, or a basement, with a dream and a little sweat, commonly known as the “Side Hustle”, a company you get started while still toiling at a 9-5.
1. Junk Removal/Yard Maintenance – As long as you get liability insurance, some safety gear, and a relatively inexpensive business license, you can start making money on the weekends picking up people’s extra stuff, because we all have extra stuff!
2. Delivery service – You can market a delivery service for small packages in your region, and start running packages between businesses. The added bonus of a side business like this, is the connections with local people and businesses you will make!
3. Closet organization – Closet and house organization has become a sought after service for busy people with cluttered houses. You can market your services on social media, and start sorting people’s closets into something that resembles a closet, instead of just a pile of clothes.
4. Cake Maker – Yummy, yummy cakes, and cupcakes. Many a person has been told they could sell their cakes. People are still having birthday parties, Christmas parties, or celebrations that require delicious cake goodness.
5. Online store owner – it’s fairly easy to find wholesalers for various consumer items. Setting up a store on Facebook or Amazon is very simple. Find a product you want to market, setup a site, and start selling!
Starting a side hustle may not be the easiest thing you’ve ever done, but it can pay off in big ways. You never know, it may become your new career. Good Luck!