Whitby Help Wanted
Mechanic for Region of Durham Fleet Services
Mechanic – Fleet Services
Initially this position will be located at the Oshawa/Whitby Depot. Under the direction of the Fleet Supervisor, the Mechanic will be responsible for the inspection and repair of fleet vehicles and equipment.
The duties include:
– Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul various types of fleet vehicles and equipment
– Perform preventative maintenance on fleet equipment
– Initiate repair requisitions for parts and supplies
– Create and maintain equipment service records
– Work shift as required
Applicants must have:
– A Grade 12 diploma
– Current Ontario Government Certificates of Qualification for a 310S and 310T
– A valid Ontario Class ‘D’ Drivers Licence with ‘Z’ endorsement
– Several years of experience in hydraulics and the repair and maintenance of ‘Works type’ equipment
– Knowledge of the Ministry of Transportation, Highway Traffic Act, and respective guidelines set out in the Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration (C.V.O.R.) and the National Safety Code
– Strong problem solving with diagnostic skills
– Excellent communication skills, effective customer service, time management and organizational skills
Inspection, maintenance and repair experience of insulated aerial devices and material handling cranes would be considered an asset.
Mechanic Job Rate- $39.80 per hour
Conditions of EmploymentProof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will be required prior to start date. A current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract will also be required.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region’s Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Warehouse person positions at Sobey distribution center in Whitby, copy and paste the link to apply
Whitby North Home Depot Hiring Event
Copy and paste the link to apply
Snowmaking Equipment Operator
Dagmar Resort Ltd.
Location Ashburn, ON
Salary$16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 15 to 44 hours per week
Vacancies 5 Vacancies
Terms of employment Seasonal Part time leading to full time
Start date As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call
Job no. 819148
Source Job Bank Job Bank
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Snow Maker Specific Skills
Shut down snow making plant; Set up and operate air/water snow gun; Operate snowmobiles; Operate fan snow gun; Operate 4-wheel drive vehicles; Operate all-terrain vehicles (ATV); Monitor snow making operation; Determine snow quality and equipment required
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability
How to apply